Community

Native Youth Programs

When the Museum of Anthropologyʼs Native Youth Program (NYP) was introduced in 1979, it was the first such initiative to offer Native youth the opportunity to research…

A Plan to Expand UBC’s Pharmaceutical Services

Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences Judith Soon and fellow researchers in UBC’s Collaboration for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE) group have a plan to change this by establishing a patient-centred pharmacy clinic.

Working for the Future of Aboriginal Children: Human Early Learning Partnership (HELP)

Greetings! I am Michele A. Sam, member of the Ktunaxa Nation and the mother of two children. I am the eldest of eight children, all of whom experienced the 60’s scoop. As a result of the many social, cultural, professional, and personal roles I live, I am deeply aware that the well being of children […]

Math Teaching and First Nations Culture

In Haida Gwaii, off British Columbia’s remote northwest coast, teachers are exploring connections between oral stories and mathematical problem solving.

First Nations Entrepreneurs

For aspiring entrepreneur Vivian Bomberry, the irony of the term cohort — used in education circles to define a group of students in the same class year — wasn’t lost when she began her studies in the Ch’nook Advanced Management Program at UBC last November.

Page 9 of 9« First...56789

a place of mind, The University of British Columbia

First Nations House of Learning
1985 West Mall,
Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z2, CA
Tel: 604-822-8940
Email:

Emergency Procedures | Accessibility | Contact UBC  | © Copyright The University of British Columbia