Aboriginal students have a lot of choices in seeking professional and culturally relevant counselling help at UBC. Highly trained counsellors are available to them at the First Nations Longhouse and at the UBC Counselling Services Centre in Brock Hall. An Aboriginal counsellor is on staff, and other counsellors with other backgrounds and specialties are available to meet with students and talk about their concerns or to make referrals to off-campus resources.

The Counselling Services Website also contains a wealth of information: click image to visit

For assistance, contact:

Aboriginal Student and Community Development Officer
First Nations House of Learning
Tel: 604-822-8941


The Counselling Services Centre
Brock Hall, 1874 East Mall

If you have an emergency, go to the Centre, and, if you can, phone ahead and advise them of your situation so that you can see someone right away.

Page Modified: July 31, 2017

a place of mind, The University of British Columbia

First Nations House of Learning
1985 West Mall,
Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z2, CA
Tel: 604-822-8940

Emergency Procedures | Accessibility | Contact UBC  | © Copyright The University of British Columbia